Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pre-Departure Orientation



    So today (5/5/13) was my pre-departure orientation for my study abroad trip to Finland this summer. The orientation was about 7 hours long. There were about 25 future exchange students and 7 students currently having their exchange in the US. Talking to the girls from Tunisia and Palestine was really cool because I don't think I've ever met someone from that area of the world.

    I was able to talk to a girl from Finland named Alisa(sp). She was able to answer many questions,
  • What is the weather like during the summer in Finland? Like Minnesota without the tornadoes. 
  • Is tennis played there? Somewhat, but courts may be hard to find.
  • What do teenagers do for fun in Finland? Drink. No lie. 
    Today was really informational. I'm so excited to go to Finland next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment