Tuesday, May 28, 2013

28 days Until I Leave!

    Only 28 days until I board the plane for Helsinki however I won't get there for 29 days. I think I'll either be flying through Iceland or Newark/Coppenhagen. Either way it's a red eye flight that I'm not looking forward to that much. I can't wait to meet everybody but I don't think I'll be able to get much sleep.

    I heard back from my host family! I called Jarno (host father) two weeks ago and man was that call awkward! The language barrier wasn't a problem for me because we were speaking English. Finns are very comfortable with breaks in the conversation, something I am not used to yet. That will take some getting used to! A few days ago I received an email from my host sister Sanni (13).  She is into Badminton so I'm sure we'll play a lot of that this summer. I'm so excited to meet my host parents and three sisters!

  So far it looks like all the other YFU students are in the eastern part of Finland closer to Helsinki. I will be living almost two hours away from them so I don't think I'll be able to see them that much. It's ok though, I'll be able to make friends in my little area!

No comments:

Post a Comment