Friday, May 10, 2013

Whoops and Kuusisto

I was just about to write about where I'll be living this summer when I realized that I spelled Finland wrong in the title of my blog. I'm trying to fix it but can't figure out how.


Anyways...

    This summer I will be staying on the island Kuusisto (also known as Kaarina when I type it intp google maps). It is located in the South West part of Finland. My post-arrival orientation is in Turku which is about 45 minutes away from my new home. Kuusisto is 2 hours west of Helsinki

Facts about Kuusisto
  • I have no idea how to pronounce it.
  • Timezone - Europe/Helsinki time zone. 8 hours ahead of us in Minnesota. 
  • There is a castle on the Island, although in ruins.
  • This area is known for boating.
   Now you know the same amount about Kuusisto as I do!

View of Kuusisto
  
From far away it looks like it's just part of the mainland.

I'm pretty south. Most of the Finnish people live in the south.



1 comment: