Thursday, August 8, 2013

Last Days

   Yesterday was my last full day with the Salminens. Most of the day was spent packing all my stuff up. In the evening Anna, Aada, Venla and I went swimming at a hotel. The pool had 3 slides but I only did 2. The hot tub was really more of a "almost warm" tub. Outside was a pool of water that was only about 50 degrees F. Inside was a water exercise class. They were listening to some 80's music. Barf. The swimming place had 3 saunas. I went into two of them. One of the saunas smelt really weird so I didn't stay more than 30 seconds in there.
    Today is my last full day in Finland. This afternoon I'm taking a 2 hour bus ride to Helsinki. The last time I'll see the Salminens is at the bus stop where they picked me up in June. 6 weeks have gone by so fast! I'll be spending the night with a YFU volunteer's family. Outi-Leena is the mother's name. They are currently hosting a German exchange student for the year. Outi--Leena will drive me to the airport at 3 or 4 am tomorrow. My flight to Munich leaves at 6:30 am. SO EARLYYYYY. My Saturday will be spent on airplanes. My flight from Munich to DC is 9 hours long, so I'll probably die of boredom.
   
Well I gotta go do stuff now.

No comments:

Post a Comment