Saturday, June 29, 2013

First 24 hours in Finland.

    Once I arrived to the Salminen's house I met the girls and Sara. Sara is such a cute dog. Her tear marks make it look like she is smiling. Jarno gave me a book called "This is Finland". It is a picture book with stories about Finland's history. We then had dinner outside. Dinner consisted of potatoes, salad, bread, mushrooms wrapped in bacon. Sanni, Jarno and Anna speak English to a extent but Venla and Aada only know numbers up to 11. We talked about which animals were in the area. Aada really likes snakes and sharks. We then had desert inside which was strawberries and whipped cream. Then it was bedtime. I'm sleeping in Venla's room but she is sleeping in Aada's.
   The midnight sun thing is true. At 11 pm it looked more like 7. I was so tired I fell asleep and woke up at 9:15 am. I think I am adjusted to the time. Breakfast was muslii (oatmeal) and butter on bread.
    This morning we all went into Turku. We went into a mall and every store was having a sale. The first store was Stadium. I understand why so many Finns are in great shape. Random placed stairs are everywhere! Underneath the mall was a grocery store where we bought a strawberry cheese cake.
     Next stop was Jarno's father's house. It is his "Name Day" today (birthday). We sang Happy Birthday in Finnish (I just mumbled). We were only there for about 30 minutes.
Garden Next to Grandparent's house.

Later this evening we had a party. I met some new friends that I'm going to hang out with tomorrow. I'm very tired so off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment