Monday, July 1, 2013

Turku Medieval Fair and Hanging with Finnish Friends

   Yesterday Jarno, Aada, Venla, my friend Anna and I went to a fair in Turku. We drove around for 10 minutes just trying to find a place to park. The roads are mainly cobblestone and not wheel-chair friendly. Most of the strollers and crazy. They look more like 4 wheelers than strollers. Before the Fair we went to the Turku Cathedral.
Ceiling 

Big Organ


Jesus be hungry


   Anna was translating for Venla. Venla sometimes talks in her own language so nobody can understand her at all. Apparently Venla said she was going to buy everybody ice cream. Turns out she only had 10 E so Jarno bought us it instead. Aada dropped hers on the ground right away.

   The Medieval fair happens once a year. It is just like the Rennisance fair but quieter. Everything was very expensive. 
My knight in shining armor 
   Jarno dropped Anna and I off at the side of the road on our way home. She and I picked up her bike and walked to the Saliminen's house. We mostly talk about the differences in our schools. We picked up a bike for me and we rode to Emmi's house. Emmi is Anna's friend. I met the entire Alander family including their dog Elmo. It's funny that out of the 3 family's I know, all of them have three daughters and no sons. Since Emmi is on crutches for her hurt knee, she and her sister were a team for our games of croquet. 

   Back at home I ate dinner with the Salminen's. Afterwards I went swimming with Venla. Venla loves to swim, in fact we are going right now. 

Venla



   

No comments:

Post a Comment