Monday, July 8, 2013

Another day, another ice cream

    Jarno took all of us girls into Turku today for lunch. I wish I would have brought my camera but I thought we were just going to eat and go home. Well we ate at a salad bar which was questionable at best. We then walked down the river that runs through town. The river is actually part of the ocean. Many boats line the water way. There are dinner boats that never leave dock, personal sail boats and a ferry that we took to grab ice cream. The best part of Turku is the people watching. I heard a fellow American. Finnish people make up their own rules when in comes to fashion. I saw some Finnish hipsters. 
    After lunch we drove over to another part of Turku where we bought our tickets for our trip to the Aland Islands. We're taking a cruise ship. The Salminens and I are staying one night on the islands. The islands are Finnish territory but have their own flag and I'll need to bring my passport. 
   This evening while we were eating crepes ; my local YFU rep Satu came over. We talked about how I was adjusting, things I still wanted to do. I was able to vent about how 9 year olds can be annoying a lot of the time. She talked to Jarno and Anna in Finnish for a long time. Hopefully they weren't saying bad things! 
Also we went swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment