Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby Birthday Party


    Monday evening the whole family got in the car and drove to another random island. We went to a birthday party for Anna's sister's baby. I'm not sure what the baby's name was because everybody just called her "Baby". She was turning one year old and was a really tall baby.
    Of course we had to sauna at the party. The sauna was the hottest one I've been in yet. It was so hot that we couldn't touch the handle of the door so we had to use the water ladle to push it open. After 3 minutes in the sauna we decided to jump into the sea. The past few days have been stormy around this island and the water had a gotten a bit colder, I was told. What I didn't know was that the water was only 53 degrees F. I could only jump in, scream bloody murder because my blood was turning to ice and climb out as fast as possible. I only went into the water 3 times and each time lasted about 25 seconds.
    This area of water is different than the other areas of the sea I've been in. The water was crystal clear.  And deep. There was a giant drop off under the dock and the water was at least 60 feet deep. Luckily I know how to swim.
     After that experience it was time to eat some grub. I mostly ate salad and chicken because that was the only meat that I knew what animal it came from. Then it was baby time!
     Baby and I played for such a long time. She liked to bump heads and bite people's noses. We played so much that when it was time to sing happy birthday she was asleep in my arms. Everybody laughed and took pictures.
Baby and I

Sleeping Baby

Crazy Roope.

Swimming area

Dead poisonous snake

No comments:

Post a Comment