Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Naantali

   This afternoon Jarno, Sanni and I hopped in the car and drove to Naantali. We drove to the Finnish President's summer cottage. By cottage I mean castle. Our tour was of the garden so we didn't see much of the house. The tour guide spoke entirely in Finnish but translated the important parts for me. Last wee Vlad Putin was at the estate! Russians and Finns don't have the friendliest history...
Our ticket

Me

I don't think I want to know whats going on  
President's house

Garden

Jarno said he was going to put this in the pool 

  After our tour we went to visit Anna's sister as it is her birthday. Their house was on the sea and it was FAN-CY. We ate strawberries,ice cream (of course) and knock-off oreos. Their son Oliver is on the best hockey team in Finland.


Finally we went to the summer city Naantali. Muumiworld is on an island right off the coast. We walked around a bit and looked at all the nice boats.


No comments:

Post a Comment