Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pesapallo

   July 4th, an American holiday only briefly mention up in here. Although we didn't do fireworks or anything like that today, we had an "American Breakfast" that consisted of bacon,eggs and toast. Lunch was Chinese and dinner was traditional Finnish sausage and corn. Yep that is right ; no taters today!
   The laundry dryer is not of use in the summer so I had to dry all my clothing on the lines outside. That was fine until it started to rain! Ughh I had to grab everything and hang it up inside. Luckily my things didn't get soaked.
   At 6:30 this evening Sanni and I rode our bikes to Pesapallo. Pesapallo is a uniquely Finnish sport that is much like baseball except the mits look like giant potatoes. Usually 20 neighbor people turn out for this weekly practice but tonight there was only 4. I watched for about 25 minutes but returned home because of all the bugs.

The coach

More coaching

Cutie basketball players - Call me ;)

   Now were watching a Swedish show with Finnish subtitles...I have no idea whats going on....

No comments:

Post a Comment