Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ruka part 1

   I am currently in Ruka which is in Lapland. I'm about 200 km from the Artic Circle. I'm writing this on an iPad that auto-corrects to Finnish. So bear with me.
   Yesterday we left at 7 am for the 12 hour drive. The drive itself is only 10 hours long But we stopped at Ikea for lunch. The drive Was pretty Boring But i slept alot. My sistern Aada had a temper tantrum for over an hour. My ears hurt so bad And i had a headache from all the screaming.
   We Saw about 5 reindeer on the drive And Jarno almost hit one. When we got to the cabin i Was happy to Find out that I had my own room. Then we decided to Go for a little walk. I thought that the walk would be like 10 minutes. Turns out we were going to hike the freaking Ruka ski hill. It Was so steep But all the sweat paid off when I got to the top And Saw reindeer at the top of the ski lift! The walk down Was quick. Then we got back to the cabins (they rented out a second one right next to theirs) And i did the sauna the Finnish way. Look it up.
    This morning we all went shopping at Some Finnish Gift shops. I bought a key chain for myself And a few gifts for my family. I wanted to Buy a really Cool knife But i would probably end up stabbing myself.
     After lunch we went mountain biking. Lots of hills And amazing scenery. We took a break to hike down to a crystal Clear lake. My sisters went skinny dipping But i declined. Aparently the lake has Some gold from the mining days But i didnt see any. Dang it.
     Back onto the bikes we Came to a tunnel with reindeer in it. We had to Go through the tunnel so we chased the reindeer out. After a really steep hill i managed to get to the front of out family And out of no where 7 reindeer ran out in front of me!  Crazy. Then we had Another tunnel And this Timo one of the reindeer in it didn't move.
    Well now i'm tired from all this craziness. Also i made crepes

No comments:

Post a Comment